- Take NCRC/WorkKeys®. The National Career Readiness Cerificate is a job-skills assessment used by Eastman Operations measuring "real-world" skills.
Submit an application. When business conditions allow, the Operations’ position will be posted and applications will be accepted online, on the first business day of the month of January, May and/or September. Maintenance and Lab Analyst positions may be posted at any time. Only a limited number of applications will be accepted during each possible intake period, and the job could be un-posted at any time.
- Register with Tennessee Career Center - NCRC/WorkKeys® scores are valid for 5 years. Individuals who have not taken WorkKeys® during the last 5 years can register with any Tennessee Career Center to begin the assessment process free-of-charge.
- KeyTrain® - The Alliance for Business & Training (AB&T) will e-mail access to a free practice and study program called KeyTrain® to help prepare for NCRC/WorkKey® assessment.
- Schedule to take the NCRC/WorkKeys® Assessment- When the KeyTrain® pre-test and any assigned lessons are completed and applicant is ready to take the assessments, they will e-mail AB&T directly to be scheduled.
- Create your WorkKeys® account, make your individual score public and save your public url (link) to submit with your applications.
Basic Qualifications Are Met. Job candidates who meet all basic qualifications are eligible to become an applicant. Once completed application is received and qualifications are met, applicant will receive an email requesting more information. Candidate will then be considered for a first interview.
On-site 1st interview. Your first interview will be a brief 30-45 minute meeting. This meeting will help explain the position, review your experience, provide input on the work environment and answer any questions you may have. A decision to grant a 2nd/final interview will be determined at that time and your status will be sent via e-mail.
2nd interview. If you are selected to receive a 2nd interview, you will be contacted by phone to schedule your interview.
You are selected. The recruiter will contact you to make you a contingent job offer. The offer is contingent on the results of a pre-placement physical screen, drug screen, background check and (for operator positions only) a physical test. Once your acceptance is received, arrangements will be made for you to complete these requirements and report to work.
On-Boarding. You will receive a welcome letter that will include your employment date as well as information regarding on-line required pre-employment forms that you will need to complete prior to your first day of work. On your first day of work, you will meet with the HR Staffing team that will provide you with additional information as well as help get you set for your career with Eastman.