Eastman Tritan™ copolyester provides heat-resistance, toughness and durability.
Eastman Tritan™ copolyester represents the launch of an infant care specific resin grade that offers even greater differentiating advantages for this market, compared with any other BPA-free polymer.
- Crystal clarity
- Dishwasher durability
Compared with other materials
Polyethersulfone (PES) resins
Eastman Tritan™ EX401 copolyester offers better clarity—and does not impart the dirty yellow color that is characteristic of bottles and other parts molded from PES resins.
- Tritan™ EX401 may be processed at lower melt temperatures (280°C vs. 360°C) and mold temperatures (10 to 82°C vs. 150°C)—improving safety of manufacturing operations and reducing energy consumption.
- Lower cooling requirements can potentially reduce cycle time by 10 to 15 percent.
- Tritan™ EX401 is less expensive than PES resins.
Clarified polypropylene (cPP)
- Eastman Tritan™ EX401 copolyester provides exceptional clarity and gloss, without flow lines, bubbles or haze—resulting in a quality look that can’t be matched by any olefin technology.
- Tritan™ EX401 doesn’t require a clarifier additive.
- It can be processed at faster cycle times, improving production efficiencies.
- Tritan™ EX401 may offer superior printability without the need for secondary operations, such as flame or corona treatments.
- By improving efficiencies and eliminating additives and processes, Tritan™ EX401 provides the processor with several opportunities to reduce costs.
- Eastman Tritan™ EX401 copolyester is shatter-resistant.
- It is lighter, reducing shipping and handling costs.
Transparent polyamide (tPA)
- Tritan™ EX401 combines heat and chemical resistance with greater hydrolytic stability to achieve excellent dishwasher durability.
- Products made from Tritan™ EX401 have superior toughness and greater product durability than those made from Transparent polyamide.
- Eastman Tritan™ EX401 copolyester is made without BPA.
- Tritan™ EX401 combines heat and chemical resistance with greater hydrolytic stability for superior dishwasher durability.
- It has a 2 percent lower density, yielding more product per unit of resin.