Designer sunglasses and reading glasses are now major fashion statements. Forward-looking brands look to Eastman to help satisfy the consumers’ need to look good while they’re seeing well by enabling:
- Individuality through design freedom
- Outstanding color perception and style
- Improved wearer comfort
- Easy to clean and care for
Each Eastman ophthalmic material offers different opportunities to create unique and stylish eyewear designs and vivid, glossy colors.
- Tenite™ cellulosics are known for their comfort, rich colors, and visual effects, including unique, eye-catching tortoise shell designs.
- The clarity and impact strength of Eastman Tritan™ copolyester supports molding dramatic shapes, and its chemical resistance helps ensure lasting beauty.
- Eastman Trēva™ engineering bioplastic is tough to beat and allows superior surface gloss and a warm touch and feel.
For designer eyewear that involves extended wearing time and skin contact, BPA-free Eastman polymers offer a variety of wearer advantages.
- Trēva has higher rigidity and better dimensional stability and can withstand exposure to popular cleaners.
- Tritan has excellent impact strength and chemical resistance that allows it to withstand frequent cleaning and normal mechanical stresses. It also offers superior performance to polycarbonate (PC), is easier to fabricate, and has lower density to eliminate excess weight.
- Frames made of Tenite are durable; resistant to chemical attack from skin oils, sunscreens, and other chemical agents; and retain vivid coloration.
Contact us to learn more about how Eastman helps you focus on aesthetics.