Eastman Tritan™ copolyester, Eastman Trēva™ engineering bioplastic, and Tenite™ cellulosics all combine chemical resistance and impact strength to help improve durability under these conditions. Eastman has vast experience with extrusion and injection molding and offers polymers with balanced mechanical properties as well as individual advantages for specific frame applications.
Eastman Tritan™ copolyester
- Outstanding chemical resistance and compatibility makes Tritan an ideal choice for reading and sunglass frames.
- Tritan provides superior impact strength which enhances performance for the end user as well as improves processability during assembly of the sunglasses.
- Tritan provides the greatest impact strength, which enhances shatter and scratch resistance and improves hole-drill designs.
Tritan provides high light transmittance and low haze to help ensure clarity and no distortion.
- Tenite provides industry-leading compatibility with sunscreens, sweat, and skin oils.
- Reading and sunglass frames made with Tenite have excellent scratch resistance.
- Frames made with Tenite cellulosics are known for their comfort and unmatched quality with rich colors and visual effects, including unique eye-catching tortoise shell designs.
Eastman Trēva™ engineering bioplastic
- Trēva provides industry-leading compatibility with sunscreens, sweat, and skin oils.
- Reading and sunglass frames made with Trēva provide excellent scratch resistance.
- Trēva is the third toughest of Eastman materials. Its chemical resistance helps provide exceptional durability.
- Frames made with Trēva have an exceptional ability to withstand exposure to skin oils and household cleaners.