Eastman offers a portfolio of clear products with properties that solve a variety of challenges for the face and eye protection market. Consider all your safety, visibility, and durability needs when you select a material for face protection or eye protection products.
Tenite™ cellulosics—acetate and propionate
Cellulosics are the premier choice for superior chemical resistance because of their innate ability to release stress. Tenite brand cellulosics continue to be the industry leader because of these advantages:
- Pressed, polished acetate sheet sets the standard for clear and pristine optics.
- Both cellulosic acetate and cellulosic acetate propionate (CAP) have industry-best scratch resistance.
- Natural antifog resistance makes cellulosics the clear choice for antifog and other coatings.
- CAP allows injection molding of safety shields that are half the thickness of polycarbonate (PC).
- Cellulosics support sustainability initiatives:
- Tenite cellulosics are made from trees harvested from sustainably managed forests.
For every pound of Tenite produced, 40% to 50% by weight is renewable content.*
- Sheet can be processed at 20% lower temperatures and dried in 25% less time compared with popular polymers.
*Eastman’s wood pulp suppliers hold internationally recognized sustainable forestry certifications issued by Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) and/or Program for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC).
Eastman Tritan™ copolyester
A relatively new face in the market but already the standard for combining impact strength and chemical resistance—and much more:
- Equal or superior to polycarbonate (PC)
- Easier to fabricate than PC
- Saves energy and time—thermoforms at lower temperatures; no annealing required
Material property comparison for face protection applications
Polycarbonate (PC) |
|*Indicative of a cellulosic material with >15% plasticizer |