Cellulosics are the premier choice for superior chemical resistance because of their innate ability to release stress. They exhibit excellent resistance to environmental stress cracking when exposed to various chemicals, sunscreens, skin oils, and cleaners.
Eastman offers the widest selection of cellulose acetate products that cover wet block, dry block, and extrusion.
- Since 1932, Tenite cellulose acetate and cellulose acetate propionate have been extruded or molded to create comfortable frames with a soft touch and chemical resistance to sunscreens, skin oils, and household cleaners.
- Tenite products are easily molded, extruded, or fabricated and available in natural, clear, amber, and black.
- Frames made with Tenite are known for their comfort and unmatched quality with rich color saturation and visual effects, including unique eye-catching tortoise shell designs.
- Polished acetate sheet sets the standard for clear and pristine optics, especially in safety shields.
- Both acetate and propionate have industry-best chemical resistance.
- Tenite cellulosics are known for their excellent toughness in addition to being high flow for injection molding applications. Specifically, Tenite can be molded into face shields with thin walls and long flow lengths while maintaining excellent clarity and optical properties.
- To support your sustainability initiatives, 45% of every pound of Tenite resin is sourced from sustainably harvested wood derived from cellulose.*
*The suppliers hold internationally recognized sustainable forestry certifications issued by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) and/or Program for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC).
Eastman Trēva™ engineering bioplastic
- Trēva is a new cellulose ester thermoplastic that offers high performance, wearer comfort, and reduced environmental impact.
- Trēva delivers excellent chemical resistance and dimensional stability—with outstanding flow properties in injection molded applications.
- Trēva has a soft touch to improve wearer comfort and safety.
- When used in frames, Trēva can withstand skin oils, popular sunscreens, and cleaners better than other engineering bioplastics.
- Trēva is sourced from sustainably managed forests. Its durability can also allow less material to be used and creates longer-lasting eyewear.
- New cellulose esters are being developed to satisfy special needs.
- Trēva is made without bisphenol A (BPA), BPS, or phthalates.
- Trēva has a higher biocontent than most bioplastics—approximately 45%.