Chemical synonyms: N,N-Dimethylbenzylamine; BDMA
Benzyldimethylamine (BDMA) is a clear, light yellow liquid with an amine-like odor.
Principal applications for Benzyldimethylamine (BDMA) include:
- Catalyst used in the production of polyurethane foams
- Initiator in the production of epoxy resins
- Accelerator for epoxy resins in laminates for electrical equipment
- Sensitizer for the photopolymerisation of methacrylates
- Catalyst for the UV-curing of styrene polyester products
- Thermal post-cure catalyst for UV-cured epoxy adhesive cements
- Catalyst for the polymerisation of glycolic acid lactide
- Synthesis of quats
- Intermediate in the synthesis of agrochemicals, pharmaceuticals and dyes
Regulatory information and data sheets
Check with local sales office
to determine exact availability by country. Orders subjected to minimum order quantity.
Please select a region and country for a list of authorized distributors. If a country is not listed for a region, contact Eastman for further information.