Eastman Texanol™ ester alcohol, the premier coalescent for latex paints, provides the highest level of film integrity at low levels of coalescent. Eastman Texanol™ is suitable for all types of latex paints and maintains good performance regardless of varying: weather conditions and substrate porosity
- Efficient: Low coalescent level required to obtain good film integrity, good touch-up properties, and good scrub resistance.
- Versatile: Effective with most latex polymers.
- Ease of use: Low risk of shocking paints and safe to use in manufacturing.
- Excellent hydrolytic stability: Chemically stable in low to high pH latex coatings.
- Low water solubility: Maximizes coalescence regardless of weather or substrate porosity.
- Low freezing point
- Low flammability rating
- Zero VOC under EU 2004 Deco Paint Directive