We understand there are questions about the safety of plastics. We can see how the conflicting information can be confusing — and make it hard to know what’s safe for you and your family. See the
Did You Know page where we've set the record straight on some confusing information about plastics.
We know you want information that is credible, well-supported, and easy to understand. Here are a few facts about Tritan.
- Tritan is a BPA-free plastic — it is not manufactured with bisphenol A (BPA) or other bisphenols, such as BPS.
- Tritan is an impact-resistant plastic — products can be used without fear of shattering.
- Tritan is a
tough plastic — extending the useful life of water bottles and food containers.
- Tritan has exceptional dishwasher durability — so it encourages proper sanitation for greater plastic container safety.
- Tritan has no estrogenic or androgenic activity — see
Tritan Safety - Get the Facts.
The environmental impact of Eastman Tritan™ copolyester
We know you appreciate products that are friendly to the environment. Eastman Tritan™ copolyester offers a wide range of sustainability advantages compared with other materials used in products that hold food and beverages.
- Inherent toughness and durability increases product life and may reduce waste.
- Tritan is much lighter than glass, which can reduce energy used in shipping.
- Tritan is an extremely
- Tritan is GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified®1.
- Eastman is a Responsible Care®2 company and is committed to using our creativity and technical expertise to provide sustainable solutions.
this video to learn more about how Eastman products make a difference.
For more information about what goes into plastic container safety testing, visit
We'd like to hear your concerns about plastics. Send us an
email to share your thoughts or ask us questions.
If you’re a media member and would like more information, visit the
Tritan media room.
The GREENGUARD INDOOR AIR QUALITY CERTIFIED® Mark is a registered certification mark used under license through the
GREENGUARD Environmental Institute (GEI).
RESPONSIBLE CARE® is a registered service mark of the American Chemistry Council.