Premature cracking and breakage in renal device housings not only present an economic challenge for hospitals, clinics, and device manufacturers–they also present confidence and safety concerns for patients.
The glasslike clarity and toughness of Eastman Tritan™ copolyester provide quality and peace of mind for healthcare professionals and patients. With housings made from Eastman Tritan™ copolyester:
- Nurses see membranes more clearly, with greater confidence in detecting air bubbles or blood leakage during treatment.
- Patients and family members see a clear, lifesaving device.
- Everyone sees the benefits of clarity, color, and functional integrity that are not compromised after sterilization by gamma or e-beam radiation.
Eastman Tritan™ copolyester is an innovative, new generation polymer that offers a balance of processing performance advantages over other engineering thermoplastics and polyolefins for greater added value, and hospital and clinic confidence, and reduced system costs in renal device applications.
- Outstanding clarity and durability housings made with Tritan are capable of protecting hollow fiber membranes.
- Excellent chemical resistance maintains part integrity on exposure to chemicals and disinfectants.
- No annealing required greater throughput, higher yield.
- Supports sustainability initiatives made without BPA, halogens, or ortho-phthalates; toughness metrics allow continued efforts focused on reducing part weight and packaging.
Eastman understands many brand owners and manufacturers of renal devices are working toward sustainability goals – for the good of their brand image and business.
Eastman Tritan™ copolyester provides a material that can be molded into housings with a world of sustainability advantages:
- Toughness allows continued efforts focused on designing housings with thinner walls.
- Durability allows the potential for less packaging.
- Free of BPA, halogens, and ortho-phthalates
- Free of chlorine reduces potential generation of hazardous pollutants during incineration