Santoflex™ 6PPD Pastilles
|Santoflex™ 6PPD Pastilles|
|CAS Number: 793-24-8|
Chemical name: N-(1,3-Dimethylbutyl)-N'-phenyl-p-phenylenediamine
Molecular weight: 268
Santoflex™ 6PPD functions as a powerful antioxidant and antiozonant for natural and synthetic elastomer compounds and as a synthetic polymer stabilizer. Santoflex™ 6PPD provides protection against fatigue degradation in both static and dynamic operating conditions.
MAJOR APPLICATIONS AND PROPERTIES
- Santoflex™ 6PPD applications include the use in pneumatic tire components, solid tires, belts, hoses, cables, automotive mounts, bushings and general mechanical products that are exposed to continuous and intermittent dynamic operating conditions and require protection from ozonation.
- Santoflex™ 6PPD provides powerful antiozonant and antioxidant properties with excellent high temperature, fatigue and flex resistance to rubber compounds.
- It gives efficient stabilization for a wide range of solution and emulsion polymers.
- Santoflex™ 6PPD is a more active antioxidant than quinoline or diphenylamine based antioxidants.
- Santoflex™ 6PPD gives better long term fatigue resistance and ozone protection than IPPD. Due to its specific molecular structure and higher rubber solubility, it is less affected by environmental variables, such as heat or leaching, leading to greater durability.
- Santoflex™ 6PPD gives rubber protection against catalytic degradation by copper and other heavy metals.
- The product has no negative effects on compound adhesion to textiles or steel cord up to levels of 2 phr. Above this concentration it may bloom and interfere with ply to ply and ply to cord adhesion.
- It will discolor compounds and cause severe contact and migration staining.
Product Availability : Asia Pacific | Europe, Middle East & Africa | Latin America | North America
Check with local Sales Office to determine exact availability by country. Orders subject to minimum order quantity.
Additional Product Information
|Additional product information is available to registered customer center users.|
|When accessing SDS documents, note that certain data fields will be generic and may or may not reflect the information relevant to the recipient and/or the material/package size (including but not limited to the manufacturer/supplier address).|