Chemical synonyms: INCI: retinyl sunflowerseedate
Eastman GEM™ retinyl sunflowerate is a pro-retinol derivative composed of retinol and sunflower fatty acids. It is a biobased, formulation-stable, easy-to-handle, nonirritating antiaging ingredient. Retinyl sunflowerate is manufactured using Eastman’s EPA award–winning GEM technology, which applies the 12 Design Principles of Green Chemistry. At room temperature, it is a pourable liquid and supplied as a high-purity (>95%) assay; therefore, it is free of carriers. Eastman GEM retinyl sunflowerate is made from sunflower seed oil that contains >70% unsaturated fatty acids.
- Cosmetic ingredients - lips
- Cosmetic ingredients eyes & face
- Skin care ingredients
- High purity anti-aging active
- Liquid form without added solvents, oils or diluents
- No added ingredients and no preservatives
- Prepared using GEM™ technology, which significantly reduces energy, CO2 emissions, waste, and water usage
Regulatory information and data sheets
Check with local sales office
to determine exact availability by country. Orders subjected to minimum order quantity.
- Asia Pacific
- Europe, Middle East, & Africa
Please select a region and country for a list of authorized distributors. If a country is not listed for a region, contact Eastman for further information.