Eastman’s eyewear product portfolio puts our sustainability commitment into practice. Our commitment to sustainability is detailed in our 2020 sustainability report.
Tenite™ cellulosics have been a leader in biobased content for decades.
- For every pound of Tenite resin produced, 45% is made from sustainably harvested, wood-derived cellulose.
- Tenite can be processed at 20% lower temperatures and dried in 25% less time compared with other polymers—reducing energy consumption.
*The suppliers hold internationally recognized sustainable forestry certifications issued by Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) and/or Program for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC).
Eastman Tritan™ copolyester has no biobased content, but it has a sustainability story to tell:
- Tritan requires less energy for processing compared with polycarbonate (PC).
- Tritan has less greenhouse gas emission than PC.
- Excellent thermal stability permits the reuse of clean, dry regrind in the recycling process.
- Using Tritan for eye and face shields can save energy and time—it thermoforms at lower temperatures with no annealing required.