Eastman Tritan™ copolyesters provide heat resistance, toughness, and durability.
Eastman Tritan™ EX401 and EX501 copolyesters are infant care-specific resin grades that offer greater differentiating advantages for this market compared with any other BPA-free polymer:
- BPA free
- Crystal clarity
- Dishwasher durability
Tritan EX401 and
EX501 compared with other materials
Polyethersulfone (PES) resins
- Tritan EX401 and EX501 copolyesters offer better clarity—and do not impart the dirty yellow color that is characteristic of bottles and other parts molded from PES resins.
- Tritan EX401 and EX501 may be processed at lower melt temperatures (280°C vs. 360°C) and mold temperatures
—10° to 82°C vs. 150°C—improving safety of manufacturing operations and reducing energy consumption.
- Lower cooling requirements of Tritan EX401 and EX501 can potentially reduce cycle time by 10%–15%.
- PES resins are more expensive than Tritan EX401 and EX501.
Clarified polypropylene (cPP)
- Tritan EX401 and EX501 provide exceptional clarity and gloss without flow lines, bubbles, or haze—resulting in a quality look that can’t be matched by any olefin technology.
- Tritan EX401 and EX501 don’t require a clarifier additive.
- Tritan EX401 and EX501 can be processed at faster cycle times, improving production efficiencies.
- Tritan EX401 and EX501 may offer superior printability without the need for secondary operations such as flame or corona treatments.
- By improving efficiencies and eliminating additives and processes, Tritan EX401 and EX501 provide the processor with several opportunities to reduce costs.
- Tritan EX401 and EX501 copolyester are shatter resistant.
- Tritan EX401 and EX501 are lighter, reducing shipping and handling costs.
Transparent polyamide (tPA)
- Tritan EX401 and EX501 combine heat and chemical resistance with greater hydrolytic stability to achieve excellent dishwasher durability.
- Products made from Tritan EX401 and EX501 have superior toughness and greater product durability than those made from transparent polyamide.
- Tritan EX401 and EX501 copolyester are made without BPA.
- Tritan EX401 and EX501 combine heat and chemical resistance with greater hydrolytic stability for superior dishwasher durability.
- Tritan EX401 and EX501 have 2% lower density, yielding more product per unit of resin.