From the trusted veteran to the sustainable newcomer—Eastman applies more than 75 years in medical polymers to help you develop protective, cost-effective rigid medical packaging.
Eastar™ 6763 copolyester
The standard for clear rigid medical packaging for more than 20 years, Eastar™ copolyesters consistently deliver value by providing these advantages:
- Excellent puncture resistance and impact toughness
- Superior clarity—before and after sterilization (including ethylene oxide [EtO], gamma, e-beam, and gas plasma)
- Excellent thermoformability—easy to extrude, cut, print, and seal
- Exceptional colorability
- Made without bisphenol A (BPA), BPS, or plasticizers
- Resistance to chemicals in today’s health care environment, including IPA and lipids
- Confidence-building functional and aesthetic package integrity
Eastar 6763 continues to gain popularity by satisfying today’s changing environmental concerns:
- GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified®
- Shown to provide an effective microbial barrier as defined by ISO 11607 Part 1 Section 5.2, 5.2.2, and Annex C
Cradle to Cradle Certified™ Bronze, with recognition at the Gold level for Material Reutilization, Water Stewardship and Social Fairness, and at the Platinum level for Material Health.
Eastman Tritan™ MP100 copolyester
Eastman Tritan™ copolyesters provide many advantages of Eastar™ 6763 copolyester with even better post-sterilization clarity and color. Plus, Tritan MP100 delivers higher heat resistance and greater inherent toughness needed for some rigid medical packaging applications.
- Greater toughness
- Provides durable protection of sterilized contents*
- Allows redesign for lightweighting and downgauging to reduce secondary packaging
- Higher heat resistance
- Allows higher sterilization chamber temperatures and may allow faster EtO cycle time and reduced risk of warping and sticking
- More rapid accelerated aging protocols for faster and more reliable shelf-life validation; fewer go-to-market delays
- Better performance at cold temperatures (including cryogenic conditions)
- Slower aging process for greater confidence
- Provides an effective microbial barrier
Eastman Eastalite™ copolyesters
Engineered to be an attractive alternative to opaque high-impact polystyrene (HIPS), Eastman Eastalite™ copolyester is a safe and sustainable choice for solid protection. Eastalite is a foamed copolyester resin that, when extruded into sheet, can be cut with minimal generation of particulates or angel hair—saving processing and inspection time, reducing waste and cleaning, and lowering costs. Eastalite also provides:
- Greater impact strength than HIPS after sterilization
- Color stability and functional integrity following sterilization*
- Lightweighting opportunities
- Cleaner cutting than HIPS
- Better hinge life
- Faster processing
- Reduced material waste
- Styrene-free alternative with no butadiene, BPA and BPS, PVC, halogens, or
- An effective microbial barrier
Watch Eastalite video
See how Eastalite combines protection and sustainability—all in one package.
Watch drop & impact testing video
See how Tritan compares in drop tests and Gardner impact tests.
See how Eastman copolyesters meets the microbial barrier requirements.