Eastman Tritan™ copolyester is an exciting and significant breakthrough that builds on the quality and versatility of heritage copolyesters to deliver greater heat resistance and the potential for easier proc essability of small appliance components. Tritan creates a new standard for small appliance applications with a unique balance of clarity, toughness, chemical resistance, and dishwasher durability.
Eastman Tritan™ copolyester has successfully replaced polycarbonate (PC) in many small appliance applications with its unmatched balance of properties:
- Toughness—impact resistant comparable to PC
- Made without bisphenol A (BPA)
- Dishwasher durability—Tritan combines heat resistance and outstanding chemical resistance.
- Lower density—more parts per pound of polymer compared with PC
- No separate annealing step required—saves time and energy
Now Eastman Tritan™ copolyester is also making a big difference in small appliance applications where the unmatched combination of toughness, durability, and design flexibility provide
clear advantages over glass or cost-cutting materials such as styrene acrylonitrile (SAN).
To learn more about Eastman Tritan™ copolyester, download our
contact us to learn more about applying the exciting potential of Tritan in your small appliance components.