Eastman is going circular
It’s not just a buzzword, and it’s more than a goal. Circularity is a platform for innovation. Plastic is a vital material solution. But we need to develop a circular model of use and infinite reuse, and true circularity isn’t easy.
- Developing the infrastructure to collect plastic waste and textiles for use as a feedstock in new materials.
- Launching scalable technologies that can virtually recycle all plastic waste.
- Creating products with that certified recycled content.
- Developing markets for those products.
- Recycle more than 500 million pounds of plastic waste annually by 2030 via molecular recycling technologies, with a commitment to recycle 250 million pounds annually by 2025
- Catalyze improvement of the recycling system by continuing to expand capabilities to recycle more complex products and by participating in initiatives and collaborations to drive increased collection