What are some of the material options I can choose for my LED lighting projects?
With the introduction of Spectar Stratus, Eastman offers light-diffusing technology for extruded and injection molded parts. Best of all, our options still allow optimum light transmission while “hiding” the light source.
Few things are as important to architectural spaces as lighting. Certainly, light helps make an area safer, healthier, more comfortable, and more useful. But light also carries an emotional appeal. The right lighting can soothe or excite us; it inspires us and makes us more productive; and it connects us to the space. As such, creative lighting is a crucial part of any brand experience in retail or work environments.
Currently, Eastman offers several options for creating LED light diffusers:
- Eastman Spectar™ Stratus copolyester—even diffusion, maximum LED light transmission
- Eastman Spectar Frost™ copolyester—thermoformable, matte finish
- Eastman Tritan™ copolyester—high-temperature applications
- Eastman Spectar™ copolyester (clear and white available)—traditional diffuser material
- Eastman Provista™ copolymer—profiles
- Eastman Spectar UV™ copolyester—ultraviolet protection
Brands and lighting designers are finding that conventional plastic or glass fixtures are often not the best choice for applications that use LED lights. Eastman Spectar™ Stratus copolyester offers light-diffusing technology for extruded and injection molded parts that can handle the intensity LEDs bring to the industry. Best of all, our options still allow optimum light transmission while hiding the light source.
Advantages of Spectar Stratus:
- High light transmission
- Outstanding hiding power
- Design flexibility
- Simple processing
- Chemical resistance and durability
- Process sustainability
- GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified®
To read more about how Status made an impact at the indoor athletic complex,
For additional tips, download our