Spectar is Eastman’s premier product for creating durable, sustainable, and flexible interior finish and architectural applications, in-store fixtures, and point-of-purchase displays.
With the realization that the COVID-19 virus will be a part of life until a vaccine is widely available, there’s a growing demand for businesses to create safe environments to help aid in the prevention of transmission. One solution recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is sneeze guards or sanitary barriers. Eastman Spectar™ copolyester is on the front lines in the fight against COVID. Spectar is the material of choice for its glasslike appearance and ability to be shaped and curved into sanitary barriers. Spectar is also BPA-free, environmentally friendly, fire and shatter resistant, long lasting, and resistant to common commercial cleaning agents.
The clear advantages of Spectar enable effortless fabrication and inspired design, and it is the material of choice for distinctive displays at a lower overall cost. Spectar copolyester extrudes into clear sheet that is versatile and easy to work with, making it ideally suited for use in demanding sheet applications. The toughness (impact strength) and durability of Spectar allow downgauging, translating to lower unit costs and reduced shipping costs as well as less breakage.
- Eliminate surface whitening
- Reduce heat bend time by up to 25%
- Bond with UV-curable adhesives for almost instant cure time
- Form clear, strong bonds with commercially available solvents and cements
- Vacuum form without predrying
- Improve thermoforming cycle by up to 20%
- Gain a wider thermoforming temperature window
- Achieve deeper draws
- Attain uniform material distribution
- Cold bend without stress whitening
- Guillotine/die cut and laser cut
- Saw, route, and drill without chipping
- Weld by heat, friction, ultrasonic, or RF/HF
- Remove surface scratches with hot-air gun
- Diamond polish
- Join by screws, rivets, bolts, or adhesives
- Screen print, paint, and hot stamp