Chemical name: Hexamethylene-1,6-bis(thiosulfate), disodium salt, dihydrate
Molecular weight: 390
Duralink™ HTS is used in sulfur based vulcanization systems to generate hybrid crosslinks which provide increased retention of physical and dynamic properties when exposed to anaerobic conditions at elevated temperatures such as those experienced during overcure, when using high curing temperatures or during product service life.
MAJOR APPLICATIONS AND PROPERTIES:
- Duralink HTS is used with conventional or semi-efficient sulfur based vulcanization systems to generate thermally stable hybrid crosslinks which provide excellent dynamic flexibility in NR, IR, SBR, BR and blends of these polymers.
- Duralink HTS is used in SBR based compounds to modify the viscoelastic dynamic properties.
- Duralink HTS is used as an adhesion promoter to enhance the adhesion between rubber compounds and brass plated steel reinforcing materials.
- A slight reduction in scorch safety and modulus and a slight increase in cure time may be observed when using Duralink HTS in various compounds.
- Duralink HTS is non-staining and non-discoloring in most compounds.